Conscious shopping: Why investing in high-quality products is the sustainable thing to do
It might seem obvious in theory, but often people still hesitate when it comes down to investing in high-end products. Whether at home or in the workplace – the price is always the top deciding factor when shopping. While it is important to consider your budget, cheaper products may not be as cost-effective in the long run, since they frequently need to be replaced sooner due to their inferior quality. Doing some research and investing in quality materials and services that serve you for years and years will pay off in more than one way.
Find a brand you can trust
Not matter if it’s groceries, fashion or, in the case of dentistry, equipment for the dental practice, the days of buying what’s cheapest just for the sake of saving a bit of money up front are over. The age of the internet has been providing consumers with lots of information. Companies and brands are introducing themselves and their efforts on their websites, which makes it possible for us to compare products and services. Reviews provide us with testimonials that help us learn from others’ experiences. This has enabled consumers to research their planned purchases and make educated decisions. So, finding a brand you can trust is the first step to shopping more consciously.
Here are some questions that can help you identify a qualified supplier for your dental office:
- Is it a well-known brand that seems reliable?
- Does the business prioritise quality and value?
- Are there a considerable number of positive customer reviews and word-of-mouth recommendations?
- Are the materials of high quality and is the brand transparent about its production processes?
- Does the company offer additional services such as a warranty and maintenance?
Whichever brands or products you choose, always beware of counterfeit products!
Buy for long-term use
Purchasing high-quality products – besides looking after them properly – will increase their life span. You won’t need to replace the item so quickly, which saves you money in the long run. This is good for your budget and also for your environmental footprint. Here are three aspects you should consider before buying equipment for your dental practice.
- Make sure high-end materials are used.
- Innovative technology will make your work easier and better.
- The company should have quality management and testing in place.
Maintain and upgrade
As mentioned, maintenance is key for a long product life. Make sure you have a good service partner when you buy dental equipment. Also, remember that requirements can change, so looking out for upgrade options may be worthwhile. If you can answer “yes” to these three questions, your purchase is most likely a safe and sustainable choice
- Can the devices be upgraded?
- Are the products compatible with others?
- Can the products be repaired (i.e., spare parts, maintenance service)?
Holistic solutions by W&H
With its headquarters in Austria, the international W&H Group is a global leader in the development and manufacture of medical technology products. The company is driven by innovation. High-quality product and service solutions, a modern corporate structure, a strong focus on research and development as well as social responsibility make W&H a family business that is locally and globally successful. Here are some reasons why W&H is a brand you can trust.
- Products are developed and produced in Europe (Austria, Italy, Sweden.)
- Only high-end materials are used.
- W&H production sites use state-of-the-art technology to increase efficiency and safe resources.
- Best on the market machinery is in use at the production sites of W&H.
- W&H follows a strict quality management system and tests products in-depth before selling them.
- Innovative technology is developed in the in-house Research and Development Department.
- Products are designed for longevity, compatibility, and upgradeability.
- W&H ProService provides a comprehensive network of reliable service partners for competent support.
- At W&H, "People have Priority".
Go to #dentalsunited goes green for more and make sure to visit us on: