Conscious shopping: Why investing in high-quality products is the sustainable thing to do
It might seem obvious in theory, but often people still hesitate when it comes down to investing in high-end products. Whether at home or in the workplace – the price is always the top deciding factor when shopping. While it is important to consider your budget, cheaper products may not be as cost-effective in the long run, as they often need to be replaced sooner due to their inferior quality. Doing some research and investing in quality products and services will pay off in the long run.
Find a brand you can trust
It does not matter what the purchase is for be it at home or equipment for the dental practice, buying cheap does not give long term savings either financial or environmental. The age of the internet provides consumers easy access to information, making it far easier to compare the products and services currently available. Reviews provide us with testimonials that help us to learn from others’ experiences. This has enabled consumers to research their planned purchases and make educated decisions. So, finding a brand you can trust is the first step to shopping more consciously.
Here are some questions that can help you identify the right supplier for you:
- Is it a well-known brand that seems reliable?
- Does the business prioritise quality and value?
- Are there a considerable number of positive customer reviews and word-of-mouth recommendations?
- Are the materials of high quality and is the brand transparent about its production processes?
- Does the company offer additional services such as a warranty and maintenance?
Whichever brands or products you choose, always beware of counterfeit products!
Buy for long-term use
Purchasing high-quality products and looking after them properly will increase the longevity of their working life, saving money on replacements and down time. This is not only good for your budget and but also for your environmental footprint. Here are three aspects you should consider before buying equipment for your dental practice.
- Make sure high-end materials are used.
- Innovative technology will make your work easier and better.
- The company should have quality management and testing in place.
Maintain and upgrade
As mentioned, maintenance is key for a long product life. Make sure you have a good service partner when you buy dental equipment. Also, remember that requirements can change, so looking out for upgrade options may be worthwhile. If you can answer “yes” to these three questions, your purchase is most likely a safe and sustainable choice
- Can the devices be upgraded?
- Are the products compatible with others?
- Can the products be repaired (i.e., spare parts, maintenance service)?
Holistic solutions by W&H
With its headquarters in Austria, the international W&H Group is a global leader in the development and manufacture of medical technology products. The company is driven by innovation. High-quality product and service solutions, a modern corporate structure, a strong focus on research and development as well as social responsibility make W&H a family business that is locally and globally successful. Here are some reasons why W&H is a brand you can trust.
- Products are developed and manufactured in Austria, Italy and Sweden.
- Only high-end materials are used.
- W&H production sites use state-of-the-art technology to increase efficiency and safe resources.
- Best on the market machinery is in use at the production sites of W&H.
- W&H follows a strict quality management system using rigorous testing.
- Innovative technology is developed in the in-house Research and Development Department.
- Products are designed for longevity, compatibility, and upgradeability.
- W&H ProService provides a comprehensive network of reliable service partners for competent support.
- At W&H, "People have Priority".
Go to #dentalsunited goes green for more and make sure to visit us on: